Saturday, March 14, 2009

shopping and sightseeing

We spent today driving around Corpus Christi and seeing the sights. I have to tell you I am not very impressed with the city. Even with it being right on the water it is a pretty gloomy and blah. Lots of factories and run down buildings. Maybe it will look better once the sun decides to come out. So far it has not shown it's face. I did find a Popeyes Chicken to eat at for lunch. I love that place! I got my spicy chicken and red beans and rice. So sad there isn't one around Anderson anymore!
We went shopping for presents for the kids today too. We decided to get each of them a game that we could play together. We got Yulissa the Hannah Montana version of Mall Madness. Jenavi got Uno Attack, Johnny got Cosmic Catch and Laci got Kerplunk. Chris is wrapping all of the presents right now.
We are going to talk to the kids again at 7pm tonight. When we called and asked their foster mom what time would be good to talk to them again today she said 7 because they were having a birthday party for someone at their house right now. She did say that the kids said they were looking forward to a phone call today. She had told them she wasn't sure if we were going to call again today since we talked yesterday but said they would be happy to hear from us again.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Rach. It's so nice to be able to have a window into your time there.

    ReplyDelete