Well we had some great news last week. Out of the blue we found out that Indiana signed off on the ICPC! Things have been moving at a crazy pace and we found out we are going to get to go visit the kids for the first time next week! Our plan is to fly out on Friday the 13th (scary I know!) and come back on Friday the 20th. If all of the rest of the paperwork goes through smoothly our plan is to bring the kids home about two weeks after we return from visiting them. That will allow them to come home over spring break and have a week to adjust before getting into school.
With wondeful news we realized that we are running out of time. We have been working like crazy to get the kid's rooms finished. Yulissa's Hannah Montana room is done! Other then a few minor details Laci and Jenavi's pink monkey room is done with the exception of a few minor details. (Thanks Angi and Samantha for all your help!) and we are finally making headway on Johnny's sports room. We are planning on making a video of their rooms to take with us to Texas to show them.
And this evening my wonderful friends threw us a party to celebrate that the kids are coming home. There was a great turn out and I can not begin to express how thankful I am for the wonderful friends in my life. I don't think Chris and I would even consider taking on these kids without the support of these friends and family. We ended up with a bunch of gift certificates to the movies for the kids, a gift certificate to walmart, some very sweet art projects from some of our friends kids, and lots games. Oh and I can't forget the three stuffed monkeys we got to add to Laci and Jenavi's room. The cake had the picture of the kids on it. It was so beautiful I almost hated to eat it.....almost! Thanks everyone for making it so special!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment