Daddy's turn to share......It is so strange to be ready to meet for the first time children that I have already loved dearly for months. My heart constantly aches to be with my kids and I am so grateful that they are so excited to meet us. I have no doubt that God has been preparing their hearts for some time now and I also know that all of your prayers on our behalf have certainly been heard.
When I look back at my life, I have certainly had my share of brokenness, some inflicted on myself and some through circumstances outside of my control. But when I see all of the brokenness that these kids have been through, I am in awe of how God has brought us together... and the fact that He is bringing them into a church family and biological families that are full of broken people who will have tremendous compassion and love for them, but perhaps more importantly, will be examples to them of how as people of faith we are able to rise above the junk in our lives and find great joy and contentment in life by trusting that God has orchestrated everything in our lives for our good. I look forward to those teachable moments where they will learn that God never abandoned them but rather was at work preparing a forever family that would bring seven people together who needed each other and until recently weren't even aware of it. Thank you SO much for all your prayers. Please continue to pray for us this week as we bond with our kiddos. Love to all. Chris
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment