Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Easter was quite different in our house this year! We took the kids to church this morning where they met a TON of people. It was nice but I don't expect that they will remember many names! After church we had lunch and then I hid their Easter baskets outside. They all had fun searching for them and before I knew it Laci had her mouth stuffed full of jelly beans. She looked like a little chipmunk. While they were going through their baskets I went into the kitchen and started making the deviled eggs for our Easter meal. Jenavi came and asked if she could help. My first instinct was to say no because I always make sure to make them beautiful. I even use my pampered chef easy accent decorater to squirt the filling back into the eggs in a nice design. But thankfully I thought twice and told her I would love her help. She peeled a ton of eggs with me, helped me mix the filling and squirted it back into the shells. The egg whites had chunks missing out of it, the filling was lumpy, it was blobbed into the shells, and their was way too much paprika sprinkled on top of the eggs.....but they were the most beautiful deviled eggs I have ever seen. She was so proud of them. At grandma and grandpas we had our big Easter meal and then had a scavenger hunt for little Easter treats. Then we hid all the eggs and let the kids find them. The bottom fell out of Johnny's basket and scattered eggs everywhere. We picked them up and he dropped them again and grandpa stepped on one and squished it. Johnny of course thought that was cool. So other then some minor mishaps everything went well and the kids had a blast. They were so sugared up it was hard to get them to sleep! It was fun though. I will try to put up some Easter pictures tomorrow. I am already laying in bed and didn't bring the camera up with me so I'm not doing it tonight. Tomorrow we celebrate Laci's 6th birthday and tour their new schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment